Friday, May 16, 2008

Rail Curves - Part I

Today evening I was going through some of my trip albums and I found something really interesting to share/blog here. Most of us at some point of time boarded a train for the purpose of a long or short journey but how many times you have observed or had seen a train taking a sharp turn like on a curve ? Hmm ! that’s what makes me always wonder about these trains. They really look different and you will get a idea of their entire length. In almost of my train journeys I spent time looking outside the window or standing near the entrance with my third eye (the camera).

BBS-YPR Express, was taking a sharp right turn just after Jolarpettai Station you can spot two diesel engines at the front side...

HWH-YPR Express, was entering the Godavari bridge just after Rajmundery Station.

MAQ-LTT Express (Masayaganda Express), I really don't remember this place now, what I can recall is that, this pic wass taken in my West Cost trip.

MAQ-LTT Express (Masayaganda Express), one more ....

SBC - BBS Express (Prashanthi Express), was entering inside a tunnel just after Prashanti Nilayam Station.

SBC - BBS Express (Prashanthi Express), one more ... but on a different trip.

14 comments:

Indrani said...

I have travelled by train n number of times and seen the train taking a sharp turn, but never photographed them. Your superb shots tell me next time I must.

Aravind The Player said...

wow nice pics even i hawe travelled through train i did not see beautiful places

Lakshmi said...

fantastic pics..as Indrani said, Ive always leaned out to see the curves but never tries photographing them..
Lakshmi

alok said...

@indrani - I would love to see those pics :) and thanks for the comment.

@punk master - Thanks :)

alok said...

@lakshmi - Yeah, exactly we had several chances to see the sharps turns but hardly did we thinking of capturing it in the camera.

It happened so to me that I was standing near the entrance door of the coach of a moving train and saw the train taking a turn where I could see from the tail to head of the train … I found it was interesting to capture and since then I started taking these kinds of pictures whenever I got a chance.

GMG said...

Hi Alok! Amazing pictures. I took some pictures while travelling by train in the seventies, but don't think I've ever caught such a long one... ;)
Thanks for your comment on Blogtrotter, which has now landed in the imperial town of Marrakesh, the Red City!
Hope you enjoy and have a great weekend!

JD said...

Quite nice photographs.

indicaspecies said...

Quite a nice collection of these interesting curves!

It brings back memories of many train journeys. Thanks for sharing. :)

alok said...

@gmg - I am glad to meet you here in the blog sphere. Thanks for the comment.

@jaydip mehta - thanks

@indicaspecies - thanks

SMRITI said...

AWESOME!!! I never thought trains could look so beautiful... I always look out the window when they take a sharp turn... I am silly scared of standing near the door in a running train...

Thanks for sharing these ... ;)

Himanshu Sheth said...

Hey,
@Alok: Nice pictures and curves... May be it would be nice to take such pics of Mumbai local trains as well....The second pic is the best.

-Himanshu Sheth

alok said...

@smriti – The pleasure is mine ... and hey dono miss the Part II, it is coming shortly :)

@himanshu – Thanks buddy, yeah sure ... we can plan for a Mumbai local trains photo session in my next trip … Also I am eagerly waiting to catch some of your actions there too :)

Unknown said...

Wow.... I loved the pic on the godavari bridge, amazing work of photography!!!
these pics somehow kinda makes me relate to the twists and turns in our lives.. :)

Waiting for Part 2 :) :)

alok said...

@diva – thanks for the comment and appreciating those pics. The photo clicked on the bridge over Godavari is mine favorite too … Infact I am lucky to have the photo clicked at the right time which covers the entire length of the bridge; otherwise it was a difficult to click a photo the way you want, on a speeding trains.