Saturday, May 24, 2008

BLANK

Today being just another day life took its usual course; things were finding their own ways without any trouble. Also, there was no change in weather here and to add good things it was raining on and off. On the other hand I finished some of the messy office work on time. There were so many other reasons that would place things on a happier nod. Wonder if it was the call of peace or the peace was far away from me. Off late, I have realized that being happy doesn’t indicate that you are living with peace. Nevertheless you always search for your share of peace and the peace you find inside yourself will carry the happiness around you but not the vice-versa. But I don’t know somehow, somewhere … something was stuck inside me though it looked perfectly OK. I have no idea whether it happens to others too but one thing that I know it is very difficult to understand that situation, as what ? and why ?

These are the moments or time where you don’t feel anything, don’t want to know anything, and don’t think anything. You don’t ask for any reason, may be you are not looking for one either; and you have absolutely nothing inside your mind. Nothing at all, you are neither sad nor happy, not encouraged or discouraged. I was in a similar state of mind today. Apparently it was a BLANK state of mind that can be better explained without any words, where things can be looked upon beyond what they are and the silence find its new ways to reach the loudness spread across every corner.

It so happened automatically, whenever I chase this unknown state of BLANK, there I find music come for rescue. Often, I play electronic music and would like to lose my way out of this reality. This time I hooked myself to my most favorite collection of ‘Buddha Bar’. And there was only one song was there in the play list looping through almost the entire day. You too can check the music here … I am sure you will like the music.


Whatever the case for this state of BLANK, sometime it givse me the strength to be with the life and see myself as the way I am, just like the dots inside a line :)

8 comments:

Lakshmi said...

being blank is better sometimes than being happy ..
Lakshmi

SMRITI said...

Everyone has these "BLANK" moments I guess. For me, these BLANK moments are a respite from all the commotion that goes on inside my head and finally there's peace and calm. Its like this BLANK moment was needed... in order to find some clarity...to find oneself yet again.

I really liked the way your blog goes...it felt like an echo from my heart...and it was beautiful. :) I loved the music too, was very calming and I am still smiling and it continues to play inside my head for some reason. :)

Keep smiling! :)

Anonymous said...

this numbness i guess is needed at times to look into ourselves..it makes us feel that we are totally blank and detached, but i guess it freshnes us, wipes out the anger and chaos inside!!!
nice post!!
TC!

alok said...

@lakshmi - true ! and also sometime we dono realise that being blank is following the happiness :)


@smriti - I do agree with you, most of the time BLANK and clarity stands side by side without intervening each other. And thank you so much for being my long distance shadow :)


@shams - its truely freshen up things ! but again, whether someone is able to realize that its due to the BLANK, makes the difference.

JD said...

Meaningful sentence can not be formed without spaces.
If you just write down your thoughts without putting any spaces in between, will it convey any meaning? Nope. Not at all. Similarly (I think) these blanks are spaces of life.

Unknown said...

Like you said...
'Life never comes up with a meaning to you ...
its you who give a meaning to it'
... I like feeling the numbness within me too sometimes... somehow it gives me a chance to realise the meaning of the other moments when i am just lost n hurrying...
i like being empty... it makes me realise the value of happiness and being so full of life!! :) :)

alok said...

@jaydip –I appreciate your thought; the example you have given. But I really doubt how many of us will think Blank as a space, void or a null. I mean Blank can’t be linked to any of these thing as it is, there is nothing to relate but a form of invisible waves from inside that helps the mind to trigger the thought process and regain the power from it. Do we really looking out for a meaning in the BLANK state of mind … my answer would be a NO, we are seeing beyond what actually the meaning is for ...

@diva – As usual, you are quick enough to get the theme out of it :). That’s true, the blank state of mind leads somewhere to the numbness; at least I believe that …. and somehow I feel it’s like a database trigger and not that void pointer of c programming, because the exception would be type casting is not allowed for a BLANK. You see, your mind doing things with out being actually part of the actual cause of the state.

Winnie the poohi said...

Blank mind is good. It means you need rest and you are taking it.

If you wanna go waay spiritual.. it is the state of mind.. most aspire to attend all their life :)

Its a moment of absolute clarity.. whatever you think in this phase would be pure and right :)