Saturday, June 28, 2008

The consequences, from Maktub

From last few days I am reading a book Called Maktub by Paulo Coelho. It happened so he is one of my most favorite authors so far and I really adore his writings. The depth of knowledge/information given in his books can’t be measured but everybody can realize it at some point of time. And Maktub as it means in Arab “it’s written”… is a book filled with short but inspiring stories.

The book says - The Arabs feel that "It is written" is not really a good translation, because, although everything is already written, God is compassionate, and wrote it all down just to help us.

The idea behind this post is to share some of those short stories that I came across while reading the book which is indeed not only interesting, thought provoking and points out the invariant value of life but also guides us to listen to our soul …

So here I am with the 1st story in my list and more to come in my next posts ...

The master says: "If a decision needs to be made, it is better to make it and deal with the consequences. You cannot know beforehand what those consequences will be. The arts of divination were developed in order to counsel people, never to predict the future. They provide good advice, but poor prophecy. "In one of the prayers that Jesus taught us, it says, 'God's will be done.' When His will causes a problem, it also presents a solution. If the arts of divination were able to predict the future, every soothsayer would be wealthy, married and content."

4 comments:

GMG said...

Paulo Coelho? NO, Thanks... ;))

alok said...

@lakshmi - Yep ! knowledge is bigger than the ocean :)


@gmg - you are free to disagree but would you please tell me why ?

Shefali Gaur said...

If you are done with the book - give it to me plz!!

alok said...

@aart - Thanks for visiting my blog. Nice to meet you, I have already visited the blog and found really interesting.


@ shefali - sure !!!