Monday, January 22, 2007

Before and After !!

Source : Unknown

<> Before I find a reason to smile, let me wipe many more tears.
<> Before enjoying in the lap of luxury, let me write the obituary of poverty.
<> Before cherishing sweet memories, let me create some for the shunned.
<> Before celebrating my success, let me help others to withstand failure.
<> Before losing myself in ignorant sleep, let me wake up to an unfair reality.
<> Before I hide myself behind selfish display of wealth, let my heart reveal the need to be human.
<> Before I enjoy my stay in a world of illusion, let my conscience take me on a tour to humanity.
<> Before I discover the hunger of self-centered success, let me have the satisfaction of all-pervasive happiness.

>> After I am able to do all this, let me rest in peace.

2 comments:

Himanshu Sheth said...

Hi Alok,
I liked this one the most

"Before celebrating my success, let me help others to withstand failure."
--->This is the quality of a true leader

"Before I discover the hunger of self-centered success, let me have the satisfaction of all-pervasive happiness."
--->This has been somewhat forgotten in this world...People have become more self centered.

Good sayings though!!!

-Himanshu

Hiral Shah said...

Hi, Alok,

Really Good One...

I can conclude the poem as:
"There is no beginning and no end,
Only a constant cycling and recycling".

Finally the life is between "Before & After"

Hiral Shah