Thursday, June 28, 2007

The Shadow of Friendship ...

Ever since I left college, I hardly find time or the right place to catch up with my evergreen buddies. In the past few years we have travelled a long way and we are separated by many miles but the memories pops up in the mind as if things happened yesterday and not far from reach.

It so happened on Sunday I found Kanu online, he is one of my close buddy in those college days and I couldn’t believe that we are out of touch for a long time. I was really happy to know that he is rocking in US. And the other day I found Mihi another buddy in that list. The ever changing life helped me to find so many nice people around as I walk through it; always a pleasure knowing them all. I lost and found them in different phases of my life, but what always remains with me is all those memories, the lessons they taught me, the moments we spend together, last but not the least the names we used to call each other (hahaha ...). In that 1 hr of talk with Kanu I could very well realize those things. The past years were folded into that hour, we started recollecting the entire list of friends name in the group, surprisingly till then I never thought of some of the friend’s name. We were so happy talking with each other, as if after ages.

The shadow of friendship will remain forever.

Did we really missed or forgot something ? While saying bye to each other, difficult to say. We have already learned that the deeds never separated us, in this case it happened to be the distances and sometime our own circumstances. We will continue the journey as a part of this small world of ours, that's an untold promise. The memories and the moments will remain as fresh always.

Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival. - C. S. Lewis

4 comments:

Himanshu Sheth said...

Dude,
Where is my name?Reflection is mine :)

-Himanshu

alok said...

Hey, Thanks for reminding me. I am also in the reflection :)

- Alok

Neetusid:) said...

you never lose friends...... u just lose the closeness and proximity..:) nd finding them again is the process of cleaning the dust and starting afresh :) :)

alok said...

Neetu, you got it right and that's what I meant :)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.